posted on September 11, 2018
This is information for those planning to travel to Burton SC (this weekend) or Dovestone SC (29th-30th Sept)
***** Neither venue can hold their event as currently scheduled *****
Due to low water levels neither Burton SC or Dovestone SC can hold their events as scheduled and alternative arrangements are being considered, for which we need feedback from you
First the good news - Notts County SC has plenty of water and the event there will definitely be taking place as scheduled. Unfortunately though the other two remaining
events in this year's series are in doubt, which causes a problem for those people still needing the two events required to qualify for an overall result.
Burton SC Open meeting - this weekend
Notts County SC is only 20 miles or so from Burton SC and it's been proposed that the Burton SC open meeting could still take place this weekend but with the venue moved to Notts County:
Some notes about this:
This would be in addition to NCSC's own open meeting
It would become a one-day (Sunday 16th), three-race event
F15s would have their own start, but they'd be lots of other classes racing too
We haven't cleared this with the NCSC committee yet!
If this happens the remaing details will be confirmed in due course - but the question is Do you want it to happen?
Time is very short and we will need to receive a sufficient number of "Yes, if it happens I will come" responses in the next couple of days in order to make the arrangements.
Please email either: Jeremy Arnold - [email protected]
or David Mckee - [email protected]
no later than Thursday of this week, then we will publish information accordingly.
Also note: Even if there isn't sufficient support for officially switching the Burton event to Notts County, visiting F15 sailors are still welcome and invited to travel to NCSC this Sunday instead to take part in regular club racing (F15s would still get their own start, but there'd then only be two races rather than three).
Dovestone SC Open meeting - 29th-30th September
With water levels currently some 40 feet below normal levels it is not yet certain whether it will be possible to reschedule this event or whether it will have to be cancelled altogether.
In the hope that rescheduling IS possible the alternative dates of 9th-10th November have been suggested, but this is not yet official so please keep checking the UKFFA website for further updates.
That's it for now, and please help us out by sending an email now regarding the proposed switch of the Burton open!